Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Wintry Drinks pt 1

My philosophy for 'wintry drinks' has always been simple, make them stronger and blame the cold weather. While taste maybe a secondary concern for my wintry drinks there is some thought involved. The plan of attack has always been for me and most people I know to simply 'throw some peppermint schnapps in that shit.' This winter will be different! Maybe.

Simple remedies that already exist, border on alcoholism and are probably why they are so awesome. Fuck it, its the fucking holidays right? Take coffee for example. My sister would tell me to put some Irish Cream in it to make it awesome. I have been doing ever since I was 16. Brilliant! But what is there in the strictly Wintry Drink category. Drinks that only rear their vodka smelling breath once a year? Eggnog.

Let me tell you a story about eggnog. One time my roommate and I in Colorado exclusively pressed our lips with the thick concoction. He mixed in dark rum and I whiskey. Needless to say, after about 7-10 of those in one night, I don't have a taste for eggnog.

I need to fill that void. My creativity or desperation has never ceased to amaze me, so tune in to see what unfolds.

No comments:

Post a Comment