Thursday, November 18, 2010

Glitter

Similar to how a single piece of DNA evidence is always found by some crime scene investigator, there some things that are just impossible to get rid of. Glitter is one of those things that can linger around forever. Glitter is the arts and crafts version of herpes. Its all fun and games till you are at an interview and the guy asks 'is that glitter on your face?' Pretty embarrassing. Yet, like finding bar stamps all over your body, glitter can be a sign that you are a rad person.

Waking up at a music festival is always different and interesting. Sometimes you're still drunk or sometimes you're still feeling something thats not alcohol. Either way you are definitely not in a socially acceptable state of mind. But thats why you're at a music festival and are therefore permitted to wake up under a SUV.

Day 2 for me is generally the hardest day of partying at a music festival. I don't know why, it just happens. Long story short, I woke up with glitter all over my body the next morning. Crawling towards the rest of the team one of the buddies I just met asks 'dude, did you dance with a pixie last night?' I could only laugh.

A couple of months later I am sitting in the library when I notice there is a speck of glitter on my forearm. Now for a hippie this wouldn't be a problem, because they rarely shower. I, on the other hand, happen to perform that task everyday I remember to. So I texted the pixie to tell her that she gave me 'arts and crafts herpes'. The pixie very calmly told me that it was not the end of the world and she was right. After a while I calmed down and rubbed the glitter off of my arm.

There was one thing that I was obligated to do. It would be difficult so but it was important that i do it. I had to text and tell girls I have been involved with since the incident that they should probably get their shit checked out.

1 comment: